Wednesday, March 9, 2016

022 PLUS ONE

Here I am one day after the purchase is complete.  It is a day to rest, reflect and play hockey before the insanity resumes tomorrow.  I don’t know if resting really covers it as I had another 4:30 AM wakeup today.  There is also a bit of a letdown feeling after all the excitement of the past few days.  I suppose it comes in part to the fact that the deal is now in place, I now own the townhouse, but I am still in the little basement and freezing my butt off.  It’s chilly this morning.

I think it is good to take this day to sit back, and reflect on what was and what will be.  It is also a time to just decompress a little bit before everything ramps up again tomorrow.  The packers move in here at 9:00 AM to get everything ready for the move.  I have done quite a bit by getting rid of junk and stacking stuff along my wall that is coming with me.

Once they are done and out of here, I have to be back at the townhouse to accept delivery of my beds from Sleep Country.  The Queen size for the master bedroom and the double for the guest room.  I know I need a new quilt cover for my Daniadown quilt, but trying to decide if I should get a new quilt or not.  This one is about 10 years old, so maybe it is time.

Two things that I noticed yesterday, and they are important things, both my electricity and my natural gas are both turned on.  Despite the problems I had, like TELUS, to convince them that my address did in fact exist.  Now, once I get together some cooking utensils, pots and pans etc. I will be able to start producing some good meals and cutting down the need to go out or order in.

I have ripped on TELUS quite a bit in the last few entries, but I got a phone call last night at 8:45 PM that made things right.  John from TELUS called to apologize for the screw up and he has a technician coming on Friday to install my phone and they have also given me the first month free to try and make up for the inconvenience caused me.  They even managed to rescue my assigned phone number which was on the verge of being given to someone else.  So if you are the one that thought they were getting this number, I apologize for your disappointment, but it’s mine!

So, through it all, I will only end up being offline for about 16 hours, but I can live with that.  I go the whole summer with intermittent, internet when I am at the lake.  The same with my cable TV, I will only be without it for one day, but I have lots of movies and TV shows on DVD’s to watch.  Just the same as I do at the cabin.


It is a strange feeling as I sit here writing this entry.  There are waves of joy and excitement washing over me.  On the flip side there are also waves of extreme sadness and a sense of loss as well.  It is the end of an era as well as the beginning of a whole new one.  Since 1945 a member of my family has lived in this house, but as of Friday that all comes to an end.  But there has to be an ending before you can begin a new beginning.  Onwards and upwards, to infinity and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment