Friday, February 26, 2016

012 I'M SO EXCITED

I'm so excited, and I just can’t hide it, I’m about to lose control and I think I like it.  More song lyrics, with thanks to The Pointer Sisters, but the song definitely applies.  After all the waiting.  After all the disappointments.  After all the delays and when I least expected it, I received notice late this afternoon, on a Friday no less, my house is ready. I finally have set dates and can go into overdrive for planning.  March 7, 2016 is my completion date and I get to move into my new house on March 8, 2016 any time after 12:30 PM.

Now the frenzy begins.  I have done a great deal of prep work, but most of the stuff I need to do now can be done because I finally have a firm date.  I can buy my bed and ensure it is delivered on the 8th, so I will have a place to sleep on the first night.  I can order furniture and have it delivered, because I have a firm date.  I can send out change of addresses, because I have a firm date.

I have to set up an appointment with my lawyer to complete all the paperwork and I have to firm up the date for the movers.  I have to arrange transfer of my utilities and get a new phone number.  Oh my god, for a while there it seemed like I had forever to complete all these things and now they are right on top of me.  It’s a scary but joyous time.

There’s been a few times that I have felt this kind of excitement in my life.  Just before the births of my three children ranks right up there at this level, well actually a level way above this.  Just before the purchase of my first house, coincidentally a townhouse as well.  I know there is others, but I’m in such a tizzy right now, I can’t think straight.  I’m sure it’s going to ramp up to a new level on March 8.

It comes two days short of the anniversary of entering the Police Academy some 41 years ago on March 10, 1975.  It will be also two days short of my buddy Toby’s 10th birthday.  It will be quite a present and exciting for him that day as well, moving into a new home.  Not counting time at the cabin, this will be his 4th home, two of which are his forever homes with me.  He spent his first 9 months in the home where he was neglected, 6 weeks in a shelter and then forever with me.


The words are just jumbling together as they try and get out of my head and onto this page.  Hopefully this entry is making at least a little bit of sense, but the wait is over.  Well at least the initial wait, I still have to wait another 10 days or so, but the excitement and relief is real.  Yahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment