Wednesday, February 10, 2016

003 CLOSER AND CLOSER

The big day is coming closer and closer and it is not doing it slowly either.  As mentioned before the excitement is building, but so is the sadness and fears.  I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not having any second thoughts, whatsoever.  I agonized over the decision for months and I know I have made the right decision.  I’m positive I will love the city (I do now) I am moving to and I am positive I will love my new place.

Buying a corner unit ensures I share only one wall with one neighbor and I hope they are nice people and we will get along.  I am told it is a young couple just starting out, but we shall see once we all get moved in.  
DISPLAY SUITE STOVE

DISPLAY SUITE STOVE WITH MY COLOUR COUNTERS
I’m looking forward too many things and some of the ones that spring to mind are, that huge 5 burner gas stove and convection oven.  I already have so many plans and recipes I want to try out, it will be amazing.  I am looking forward to having my boat in a garage for the first time in its life.  It will be nice not to have to worry about freeze ups during the winter.  I’m looking forward to the almost unlimited cupboard and counter space in the kitchen and that huge walk-in shower in the master bathroom.  Having a walk-in closet will be an added bonus.

It's funny though, I have never actually seen the interior of my new place, nor have I seen an actual floor layout, other than drawings.  The display suite I have been through is a different floorplan than mine, so it is hard to visualize what everything will look like.  I have an idea what furniture I want to add, but until I actually get inside, figuring out the styles will be difficult.
WALK-IN SHOWER

DISPLAY SUITE KITCHEN










I have decided on real leather furniture and in black or dark brown.  Just because leather looks great, and lasts a long time.  There will definitely be a recliner as I have always wanted one and have gotten hooked on them from using the one at the lake.  I’m kind of thinking of a double recliner (loveseat) style, with a couch and maybe an armchair.  My living room will sort of be like my home theater.  Originally I was going to knock out a wall between the two spare bedrooms and make a home theater, but the living room option is better.

Along those lines there will be at least a 70-inch flat screen TV in the living room and my old 44 inch will be in the bedroom.  One spare bedroom will become the computer and camera room, while the other I will probably leave as a bedroom, in case anyone comes to stay.  This of course is all speculation, subject to what will fit where and how long the money holds out.  Of course, I don’t need to do it all at once, but the number one priority is buying a Queen sized bed.  I thought King sized, but it would not leave any room to move around in the bedroom.


In 1967 I became a Little League All-Star and a friend’s Dad made up plaques for all the kids on the team.  These were cast aluminum plaques that he made in his basement foundry.  Mr. Bromley did a great job on them and then in addition to those, he made door plaques for each of the families on the team.  Ours simply said “The Gowdyk’s” on it.  Luckily I remembered it was there and I took it off the door on Monday to take with me to the new place.  A little bit of the old mixed with the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment