Monday, February 15, 2016

006 ONE MORE HURDLE

1-800-GOT-JUNK LOADING
Holy cow!  It’s happening!  One more hurdle cleared as I just booked the junk people to come in and get rid of a lot of crap and clutter prior to the big move.  It took me quite a while to get past this hurdle.  I don’t know why, as I had no problem with stuff going out the door when my sister and her family were doing it.  In any case, they are booked and will be here within the next hour.

The house will take on a whole new complexion when some of this junk gets moved.  It looked so different after my daughter took the speakers and sound system and the upstairs kitchen looks positively empty without the table and chairs.  I have this funny feeling deep in the pit of my stomach which could be stress or it could be the lasagna I ate last night.

TOBY GUARDING THE OPEN FRONT DOOR

I think it will take at least two trips by the junk people, because I’m going to have trouble deciding what stays and what goes.  Some stuff I cannot get rid of until I move because there is still stuff piled on top that cannot be moved yet.  There is also still stuff that my sister indicated that she wants, so I have to pick and choose.

The next hurdle to get past is the grand unveiling or final inspection as they call it, of my new place.  It will be my first time through the doors and inside my place.  The excitement is already starting to make me vibrate.  After that is done, the next step in the process will be to sign the documents at my lawyer’s office and arrange for the final payment.

EMPTY DINING ROOM

Neil is meeting me here at 8:00 AM Wednesday and we will head out there together.  He knows all the tricks and what to look for and I will appreciate his detached outlook on it.  I’m going to be pretty excited and I’m sure not fully focused and so I might miss or overlook things.  It’s too bad Renee cannot be there, but she has to go back to work.

I highly recommend Neil Thompson of Re-Max Realty if you are buying or selling a house.  Neil has done really well by me both in getting top dollar on the sale of my house and then finding me the exact right townhome.  He has been with me every step of the way.  Granted he is an old friend, a work colleague and even my corporal at one point, but Neil’s integrity is off the charts and I’m sure he treats all his clients the same way.

I went with 1-800-GOT-JUNK for the removal and disposal of all the stuff I’m not taking with me.  They do a lot of recycling of stuff and donation of usable items to the needy.  That meant a lot to me and we shall see how the price works out.  This selection of company was made after extensive research online and talking to people who recommended them.

THE 2 FELLOWS WHO TOOK THE JUNK OUT AND GOT SOAKED

For movers I have chosen Bekins.  My daughter was giving me a hard time for using movers and not doing it myself.  She says of the numerous times she has moved; she has always done it herself.  Yes, but she’s not old, with a bad back and knees and not moving an entire household of stuff.  She’ll be beside herself when she finds out I’m having people come in and actually pack for me too.  I figure, I can afford it, so why not use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment