Tuesday, February 16, 2016

007 THE MORNING AFTER AND THE DAY BEFORE

It’s the morning after and the day before.  The house is really starting to look decidedly empty after having the junk collectors in yesterday.  It feels kind of sad actually, but, it is tempered by the thought that tomorrow I get to see my completed new house for the first time.  I’m hoping that if our inspection reveals any flaws, that they are minor and won’t delay the move any further.

I am so ready for this to all be over and starting down the path to my new life and living circumstances.  I am happy to be moving on but there is a real conflict of sadness of what I am leaving behind.  It will be an adjustment for Toby too since he will be leaving the only real home he has known.  I’m sure he will adapt quickly though as we will be together.

As I figured beforehand, despite loading their truck to almost overflowing, it will need at least one more trip to get the rest of the stuff we couldn’t get yesterday.  It’s mostly small stuff though, no real furniture left to get rid of.  Almost all of the empty DVD folders went yesterday, as did all my old skates and non-usable hockey gear.

I thought of having them back again today, but I need a day or two to get past it a bit as well as I need to sort through some of the remaining things to make some decisions.  I am donating a bunch of things to my neighbour of twenty+ years.  I’m giving her the picnic table I built, the lawnmower and a few other things.  I gave a bunch of stuff to my sister in the beginning and things have or will be going to my kids.

The weather is looking potentially nasty again today, which does not help the mood at all.  It is still dark out as I type this, so it is difficult to say.  Other than a couple of days here and there it has been either grey and cloudy or raining steadily for six + weeks.  I think I have actually taken my camera out only about 4 times since January 1.


It would be nice to maintain my record.  From the time I first saw my new place and every time I have gone there since, I have never seen it in the rain.  The sun has come out every time I have been there.  Granted that’s only about six visits, but it would be nice to do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment